The hall-1 mess is a common mess for boys and girls residing in Hall-1, with a total strength of around 500. The sustenance in hall-1 mess is mix of a North and South Indian cooking styles. The sweets are also included in the mess menu. On the other hand, we ensure food hygiene and nutrition.
The mess menu is prepared by mess committee. The menu is revised from time to time with feedback from inhabitants. Along with the vegetarian food, non-vegetarian food items are served at extra charge. For individuals who are suffering from any wellbeing issue, sick diet is served to them on demand. Additional things can likewise be brought alongside the essential things by taking additional coupons/by entering into a register. The visitors/relatives can also take the sustenance in the hall one mess on either money coupon or entering in to a register. Any complaint about quality and amount of the sustenance being served might be registered in the record book accessible in the mess. Mess committee experiences this register on regular routine and expected to make remedial move.
Hall-1 have a mess committee consisting of five inmates of the hostel. Among them, there will be a convener, a co-convener and three secretaries (including at-least one girl member). The term of this committee will be for a period of one year, unless extension is provided.
|Mess Timings and Menu||Rules and Roles||Leave Request Form|
Roles and Responsibility of Mess Committee
• Mess Committee should monitor the quality of food served in the mess and canteen.
• Mess Committee should take referendum regarding mess food and service at least once in a two month period and take appropriate action.
• Mess Committee should decide the menu based on the meeting with hall inmates.
• Mess Committee should review the menu monthly.
• The complaints by inmates should be conveyed by the Mess Committee to the Caterers.
• Mess Committee should see to it that the Caterer takes appropriate and prompt actions on the complaints by inmates.
• Mess Committee should review mess bills before payment to Caterers.
• Mess Committee should see, whether the Caterer has enough man-power to serve the inmates well.
• Mess Committee should see, whether the mess workers serve the inmates well.
• The food material will be verified and accepted by the mess committee.
• The quality of the items should be maintained. In case of any deviation from the quality, the committee will inform wardens to take necessary action against Caterers.
• Due to unavailability of particular food item in market, the changed menu should be displayed prior to that meal.
• If insect or unhygienic thing found in the food.
• If the number of complain exceed more than twenty five in a day.
•If utensils/furniture/mess area are not found cleaned properly.
Note: In such cases, the committee can recommend wardens to impose following penalty on caterer:
•One time meal cost will be nullified.
•Adjustment through sweet dish.
•Fine may be imposed according to severity of problem.
EXEMPTION OF MINIMUM 4 DAYS (any 4 continuous days) WILL ONLY BE ENTERTAINED.
•Mid Semester Break (Holi Break / Diwali Break),
•Official/ Medical/casual/duty/vocational Leaves,
(Any other purpose is subject to consideration)
•Notify at-least 1 days before the start of exemption.
How to Complain
• You can write the Complaint in Register present in the Mess.
• If there is a problem, you can complaint through Grievance Cell.